The Southwest Cycling Club has been in existence since 1993 as a USA Cycling Certified Organization.
The Club Supports all types of Cycling Related Activities in the Greater Houston Area. Our Signature Event Is the Fayetteville Race held in Fayetteville Texas on the 3rd weekend in March. In addition to the race, the Club actively supports in the Santa’s Sleigh Project assembling bikes for underprivileged kids. In addition, we support the Fundraising efforts of many local Cycling Events notably Kate’s Ride and Bike for Mike.
The Club actively promotes events for Club Members such as:
- Weekly Club Training Rides, the Sunday Ride features a more socially-paced ride for newer riders
- Hill Training Camp, a supported event held the 3rd weekend in January in Kerrville TX
- Monthly “Race-Paced” Training Events (3rd Sunday of each month)
- Monthly “Out-of-Town” ride, a more socially-paced event (1st Saturday of each month)
- Team strategy & tactics during bigger racing events
- Additional organized trips, such as Hammerfest, Galveston, and a Summer ride towards Galveston.
- Annual Holiday and Summer Social Events
You can join the club by using our bikereg link
You can get additional information by emailing Bill Thomas from the Contact Form on the website located here Contact Bill Thomas
Wether you’re a seasoned cat 1 racer or picked up a bike for the first time, we have something for everyone. So join us and have a good time.